[augeas-devel] Re: Prefix for IniFile entries

Free Ekanayaka free at 64studio.com
Wed Aug 27 09:30:42 UTC 2008

Hi Raphaël,

|--==> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:57:15 +0200, "Raphaël Pinson" <raphink at gmail.com> said:

  >>I've run the puppet dput and php tests, and it turns out that
  >>prepending Util.ident does not seem to break any of the. So I wonder
  >>if it would be possible to include this change in inifile.aug.
  >>

  RP> Yes, it doesn't break anything, but it doesn't typecheck either. That said,
  RP> Util.indent defaults to "", which means that it's impossible to add an
  RP> explicit indentation from augeas, and manual indentation in the conffile
  RP> should not have been added unless it's supported by the format.

  RP> If it was added to inifile.aug, it would have to be added to all kinds of
  RP> entries though.

I'm not sure to understand this last sentence. Do you mean that adding
indentation to inifile.aug would allow indentation in files like /etc/dput.cf,
where it shouldn't be actually allowed according to its reference syntax?

If this is not possible, what's the best solution here? Clone
inifile.aug and create a standalone samba.aug with the needed
modifications?

Thanks,

Free