[augeas-devel] Suggestion for relative paths in augtool

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Aug 28 10:25:33 UTC 2008

Say I want to set a bunch of parameters in the libvirt config file. It
would be something like this

  # augtool
  set /files/etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf/listen_tls 0
  set /files/etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf/listen_tcp 1
  set /files/etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf/auth_tcp sasl
  save
  quit

That's passable when only setting a few parameters, but the more I want
to change the more tedious it becomes to repeat the long path every time.
Thus I'd like to suggest that augtool gets a command to change the base
path that it resolves against, so I could do something like

   # augtool
   basepath /files/etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
   set listen_tls 0
   set listen_tcp 1
   set auth_tcp sasl
   save