[augeas-devel] Augeas regression ?

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Wed Dec 31 05:52:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 09:11 +0100, Louis Coilliot wrote:
> Hello, since Augeas 0.35 I can't get anything matching wih augeas on RHEL4

That is very odd, since the Augeas code shouldn't be very sensitive to
differences between RHEL 4 and RHEL5.

> It was fine with augeas 0.34.
>
> Examples:
>
> RHEL 4:
>
> augtool> get /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/PermitRootLogin
> /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/PermitRootLogin (o)
> augtool>
> augtool> match /files/etc/passwd/root/uid
>   (no matches)
> augtool>
>
> # (ls  does not work either)
>
> [root at nladev01 admin]# grep ^PermitRootLogin /etc/ssh/sshd_config
> PermitRootLogin no

I assume that the AUGEAS_ROOT env var is not set, and that augtool was
invoked without hte '-r' option ... IOW that you get

        augtool> print /augeas/root
        /augeas/root = "/"

Also, are there any entries in /augeas/files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/error ?

Is there anything in the /files tree ?