[augeas-devel] Avoiding wheel reinvention with dpkg.cfg, and setting empty things.

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Wed Dec 31 09:28:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 04:19:08PM -0800, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 09:54:13PM -0800, David Lutterkort wrote:
> > >   let bare_option = [ label "bare_option" . store word ]
> > >
> > >   let valued_option = [ label "value_option" . store word ] . sep_spc .
> > >                         [ label "value" . store word ]
> > >   let record = [ seq "option" . ( bare_option | valued_option ) . eol ]
> >
> > Why don't you use the name of the option as a key and store the value
> > for that option as the value of the tree node ? Something along the
> > lines of (untested):
> >
> >         let record = [ key word . (sep_spc . store word)? . eol ]
> >
> > That would producea much more compact and readable tree.
>
> Because I have no idea what I'm doing.  :)  I just grabbed the
> fstab lens and flailed.

It turns out that with that method I can't figure out how to set a
bare option.  That is, I get things like:

augtool> ls /files/etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg
#comment[1] = dpkg configuration file
#comment[2] = This file can contain default options for dpkg.  All command-line
[snip]
no-debsig = (none)

but I can't figure out how to set an option like no-debsig, with no
value.

Setting options with values is just:

set /files/etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg/testopt 1

-Robin

--
They say:  "The first AIs will be built by the military as weapons."
And I'm thinking:  "Does it even occur to you to try for something