[augeas-devel] Use of Record Sequences

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 18:23:28 UTC 2008

I have not read through Bison and Flex yet, so this discussion may be
from ignorance. Is it possible to use one of the record labels as the
unique key?

For example, the ipaddress or canonical for the host file or the type
for the pam file. Trying to think through the use of it, I would want to
be able to set / remove based on a logical id.. not exact placement in
the file.

For .. example:

Add an ipaddress for augeas.net.

set /system/config/hosts/augeas.net/ipaddress 192.222.333.111

or remove the record completlu:

clear /system/config/hosts/augeas.net

it looks like the key element can do that for me. Is that correct?

-- bk