[augeas-devel] Use of Record Sequences

I have not read through Bison and Flex yet, so this discussion may be from ignorance. Is it possible to use one of the record labels as the unique key?

For example, the ipaddress or canonical for the host file or the type for the pam file. Trying to think through the use of it, I would want to be able to set / remove based on a logical id.. not exact placement in the file.

For .. example:

Add an ipaddress for augeas.net.

set /system/config/hosts/augeas.net/ipaddress 192.222.333.111

or remove the record completlu:

clear /system/config/hosts/augeas.net

it looks like the key element can do that for me. Is that correct?

-- bk