[augeas-devel] Augeas and Puppet

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 16:39:27 UTC 2008

I am going to work on getting this into the puppet common modules, but
if you are using puppet we have a module [1] which exposes augeas to
puppet. It accepts a set of changes as either a single string, or an
array of strings. It replaces using regular expressions to edit files,
or to put an entire file into puppet as a template.

Any comments on this approach would be appreciated. The goal was to
allow a single puppet task to execute multiple changes as a single unit
of work. This is especially important if one change requires adding
several lines to a file.

-- bk

[1] http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=ace.git;a=tree;f=modules/augeas