[augeas-devel] ruby bindings

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Mon Mar 3 22:12:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 14:28 -0500, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> First cut at ruby bindings. Much was copied from ruby-libvirt. Ruby and
> Gem is working, rpm is not.

Awesome ! Code looks good. Reading it reminded me why we need to change
the public API to contain an explicit reference to the tree: in a
multithreaded Ruby program, there's no telling who accesses the global
tree, and it becomes unclear how threads are synchronized (or if they
trample over each other making concurrent modifications)

With that in mind, I would like to restructure the Ruby bindings so that
Augeas is a class, and all the Augeas methods are calls on instances of
that class, with the constructor for Augeas making the call to aug_init.