[augeas-devel] ANNOUNCE: Augeas 0.1.0

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Thu May 1 21:29:50 UTC 2008

I am pleased to announce Augeas 0.1.0. Besides bugfixes, this release
sports a stable API and supports processing some more config files,
particularly Apt's sources.list and ifcfg- files.

Detailed NEWS:
  - Various changes to public API:
    * Remove aug_exists from public API, and merge functionality into aug_get
    * Do not hide pointer behind typedef; instead Augeas 'handle' type is now
      struct augeas, typedef'd to augeas (Jim Meyering)
    * Const-correctness of public API, return error indication
      from aug_print (Jim Meyering)
    * Make buildable on Debian Etch (remove -fstack-protector from compiler
      switches)
  - Public API is now stable, and existing calls will be supported without
    further changes
  - New schema:
    * /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* (Alan Pevec)
    * Assorted other files from /etc/sysconfig (the ones that just set
      shell variables)
    * /etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* (Dean Wilson)
  - Man page for augtool (Dean Wilson)

The release can be downloaded from:

Tarball: http://augeas.net/download/augeas-0.1.0.tar.gz
Fedora/RHEL RPM's are available in my yum repo at
http://people.redhat.com/dlutter/yum