[augeas-devel] Switching to git

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Fri Oct 10 19:20:50 UTC 2008

I've been wanting to switch to git as Augeas' SCM for a while now; this
was complicated by the fact that I don't want to disrupt the work of
people who rely on the mercurial repos.

I've got things set up finally in a way that I can make git the main SCM
for git, and maintain a readonly mercurial copy in the usual place.

For those interested in the git repo, it's available at
http://git.fedoraproject.org/git/?p=augeas.git;a=summary

I will keep the mercurial repo as a readonly copy of the git repo, and
if you want to, uyou can keep sending patches against that. In the
longer term, I'd like to give commit access to more people - they would
have to work with git. (And making that possible is part of the reason
to switch from et.redhat.com to fedorahosted.org)

I would appreciate if the people who actually rely on the mercurial repo
could drop me aline, so that I can see if it's worth keeping it or if it
wouldn't be better to just turn it off.