[augeas-devel] ANNOUNCE: Augeas 0.3.2

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Wed Oct 22 00:42:52 UTC 2008

I am pleased to announce the release of Augeas 0.3.2; if I were into
codenames this would be the 'Oh Brother where art thou' release.

Tarball: http://augeas.net/download/augeas-0.3.2.tar.gz
Fedora/EPEL RPM's are making their way through the build system

Detailed NEWS:

  - saving now reports which files were actually changed in
    /augeas/events/saved; aug_save also returns the number of files
    that were changed
  - preserve file owner, permissions and SELinux context when changing a file.
  - make saving idempotent, i.e. when a change to the tree does not result
    in changes to the actual file's content, do not touch the original file
  - report an error if there are nodes in the tree with a label that
    is not allowed by the lens
  - quietly append a newline to files that do not have one
  - generate lens documentation using NaturalDocs and publish those
    on the Auegas website (Raphael Pinson)
  - Lens changes/additions
    * Grub: support the 'password' directive (Joel Nimety)
    * Grub: support 'serial' and 'terminal' directives (Sean E. Millichamp)
    * Samba: change default indentation and separators (Free Ekanayaka)
    * Logrotate: process tabooext, add dateext flag (Sean E. Millichamp)
    * Sshd: Cleaner handling of 'Match' blocks (Dominique Dumont)
    * Monit: new lens (Free Ekanayaka)
    * Ldap: merge with Spacevars (Free Ekanayaka)
    * Shellvars: support /etc/default (Free Ekanayaka)
    * Shellvars: handle space at the end of a line