[augeas-devel] Re: ANNOUNCE: Augeas 0.3.1

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Fri Sep 5 16:35:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 12:32 +0200, Free Ekanayaka wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> thanks!
>
> |--==> On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:31:12 +0000, David Lutterkort <lutter at redhat.com> said:
>
>   DL> I feel that we need to figure out a way to indicate which
>   DL> lenses we consider 'finished' and which ones we consider 'experimental',
>   DL> so that users know where changes in the tree are likely.
>
> I do agree. Should we write some sort of tag in the lenses themselves, lile
>
> (* Monit module for Augeas
>    Author: Free Ekanayaka <free at 64studio.com>
>  *)
>
> or keep a list on a separate file?

That is workable _if_ people do check those comments - something that
will become easier once Raphael's NaturalDocs work is completed.

Though I worry that it's still too easy to shoot people in the foot with
that. We also don't have any definition of what it means for a lens to
be 'stable' - I would imagine that for a stable lens, we would fix bugs
in processing, but that you can rely on the tree to stay the same across
versions.