[config-model-users] [augeas-devel] Re: Semantic problem in augeas sshd lens ?

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Wed Sep 10 19:29:21 UTC 2008

David Lutterkort <lutter at redhat.com> writes:

> The intent is that you can ignore the index for AcceptEnv, so that you
> can say
>
>         get /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/AcceptEnv/3 => "LC_ADDRESS"
>
> But that seems to be broken currently [1] .. similarly, you should
> be able to say
>
>         set /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/AcceptEnv/42 "FOO"
>
> and have the node '42' be added as a child of
> /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/AcceptEnv[1], but that is also broken
> [2].
>
> Does that address the needs of Config::Model ?

Almost ! :-)

The problem is that for a list, 2 syntax must be used with Augeas API:
- Foo[1] for regular list of lenses
- Foo/1 for lenses containing 'seq'

For Config::Model to decide which notation to use, the specification
of the lenses must be known: Use "Foo[1]" for standard lens, and use
"Foo/1" for lenses containing a seq lens.

That's why I thought about masking the 1st index ("[1]") and use the
2nd index ("/2") with the square brackets syntax (I.e. "[2]")

This would completely hide from the API user the implementation detail
relative to "seq" usage in the lens specification.

Is this possible ?

Thanks for your help