[augeas-devel] Re: [fedora-virt] ANNOUNCE: Augeas support added to libguestfs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Apr 12 10:56:37 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 11:53:10AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > guestfsd-augeas.o: In function `do_aug_load':
> > /usr/src/rpmbuild/BUILD/libguestfs-0.8/daemon/augeas.c:272: undefined reference to `aug_load'
> > guestfsd-augeas.o: In function `do_aug_defnode':
> > /usr/src/rpmbuild/BUILD/libguestfs-0.8/daemon/augeas.c:113: undefined reference to `aug_defnode'
> > guestfsd-augeas.o: In function `do_aug_defvar':
> > /usr/src/rpmbuild/BUILD/libguestfs-0.8/daemon/augeas.c:97: undefined reference to `aug_defvar'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> > Can I disable augeas usage when building rpm?
[...]
> What was the problem with just installing augeas-devel?  It's in
> Fedora 10 updates & Rawhide.

Looking at this again, I wonder if the problem is that your version of
Augeas is too old?  It seems like the specific calls which fail are
aug_load, aug_defnode and aug_defvar, and I think those were recently
added to Augeas.

If that is the case, then it either needs a more specific dependency
check, or else we need to test if these calls are present in
daemon/configure.ac and disable them in daemon/augeas.c.

CC'd to augeas-devel.

Rich.

Fedora now supports 75 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)