[augeas-devel] Path and increasing identifiers

Hi all,

I'm trying to knit some of our puppet recipes together with Augeas,
because I think the Augeas way of working is much nicer than sourcing
files. However, I'm running into one thing I can't seem to solve: Take
the /etc/hosts file, every entry has a unique identifier (like
/files/etc/hosts/1/), how do I determine which one is the highest, so
I can automatically do something like last()+1 for a new IP address?

--
Gegroet,
Tim