Re: [augeas-devel] Path and increasing identifiers

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 9:02 PM, David Lutterkort <lutter redhat com> wrote:
> The only place where you care about those numbered identifiers is when
> you need to create new nodes - for that the whole 01, 02 etc. business
> is an adequate solution.

Yeah, but if you add them from within puppet, you'll need to keep
track of them or they could overlap. Unless I'm missing something?

The thing is, we have services listen to a specific IP address, which
we can move to another machine by changing the Puppet recipe. Simply
include it on another host. I don't want to keep track of those 01,
02, etc. numbers for complete setups, because it's yet another list to
keep in mind.

--
Gegroet,
Tim