[augeas-devel] Build fails on opensolaris 2008.11

Rob Chanter rchanter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 03:38:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've got the 0.4.0 source, which appears to have all the patches
referred to over the last few weeks related to Solaris already
applied. The build is failing in pathx.c as follows:

 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -std=gnu99 -Wall -Wformat
-Wformat-security -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs
-Wpointer-arith -Wextra -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Waggregate-return -Wstrict-prototypes -Winline -Wredundant-decls
-Wno-sign-compare -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables -Werror -I ../gnulib/lib -g -O2 -MT
pathx.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/pathx.Tpo -c pathx.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/pathx.o
pathx.c: In function `check_expr':
pathx.c:638: warning: 'res' might be used uninitialized in this function
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `pathx.lo'
Current working directory /export/home/robc/Desktop/src/augeas-0.4.0/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
Current working directory /export/home/robc/Desktop/src/augeas-0.4.0/src
*** Error code 1

I've tried this with the default user PATH, and with /usr/gnu/bin
moved to the end of $PATH. What am I missing?

(FWIW, I'm interested in this mainly for Puppet, so if I can get just
the libs built for ruby-augeas, that would be OK)

cheers
rob