[augeas-devel] Re: [Func-list] Module for func using augeas

Louis Coilliot louis.coilliot at think.fr
Sat Feb 21 10:52:22 UTC 2009

Hello,

great.

I need to push you a new version because since augeas 0.4 the path
expression is more strict and a trailing / is not allowed anymore.
My module does not handle this.

So for now it's broken with the last augeas version. But it's easy to
adjust. I'll do this ASAP.

In addition, I agree with you that the module name is ugly
(confmgt_augeas)

We could rename it confaug or simply augeas. I like confaug because it
suggests that it deals with conf-iguration management, for people who
would not know about augeas.

I thought I would provide some other modules for configuration
management (based on regexps, or ConfigParser for ini files), but I was
told by Raphael Pinson at the FOSDEM this month in the Augeas conference
that the developpers were considering letting people load only a
specific file to work on, and specify a lens to handle it.
So ini files and other files with generic formats and not located in the
standard system path could be managed with the same module. I'm looking
forward to being able too use this

Louis