[augeas-devel] Re: [Puppet Users] augeas on solaris?

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 01:56:59 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 16:21 +0100, Dan Bode wrote:
>  Has anyone used Augeas on solaris? I guess that the lenses may not
> work there.
>
> Has anyone compiled augeas on solaris? I tried, but I got warnings
> aout asprintf not being available and I could not find the
> installation package for it.

asprintf is a GNU libc extension, but gnulib should add a replacement on
Solaris - I have to admit I haven't tried building Augeas on Solaris,
but I do build on FreeBSD regularly.

Just noticed that the Augeas build system doesn't set up the asprintf
replacement ... I'll fix that. But as Peter said, probably best to
continue this conversation on augeas-devel at redhat.com.