[augeas-devel] augeas on AIX

Matthew Palmer matt at anchor.net.au
Sat Jun 13 22:19:00 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 03:22:33PM +0200, Kristof Willaert wrote:
> When I truss (strace equivalent on AIX) the binary, I see the files
> the lenses are
> supposed to edit being stat'ed, but not opened, while on linux the files seem to
> get opened when starting augtool.

Perhaps the permissions on the lenses aren't appropriate, and whatever's
trying to open the file is deciding to skip it?  Personally, if it were my
code, I'd just try the open and deal with the error, but who knows what
wacky stuff AIX's libc might be doing...

- Matt

--
"Mr... Baggins. It seems you have been leading... two lives.  In one... you are
an ordinary hobbit... you organize your uncle's diary... give generous gifts to