[augeas-devel] Re: augeas: parsing one file only

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Jan Kupec <jkupec suse cz> wrote:

Hi Raphael!

I visited your presentation about Augeas at this year's FOSDEM. Cool
stuff! I'm considering using it for handling configuration files of our
package management software (libzypp/zypper) so i'm experimenting with
it these days a bit.

Cool :)

I'm wondering whether it's possible to parse just one specific file with
augeas somehow. It appears that it reads all the files known to the
autoload-enabled modules when starting augtool or calling aug_init().
This is rather slow compared to parsing just one file, if that's exactly
 one's intention.

One way to achieve this is having the root parameter to augtool or
aug_init() point to a root tree containing only the desired file. But i
would like to ask whether there is some other way (even planned). Or is
it intentional not to allow such use case?

This is a common request. You can have a look at the ticket associated with it [0] and the links in it.
I am sure that David would be happy to get a patch for it.

Thanx for working on the excellent tool, btw!

David is the one to thank :)

Regards,

Raphaël

[0] https://fedorahosted.org/augeas/ticket/42

- --
cheers,
jano

 Ján Kupec
 YaST team
 Key ID: 637EE901
 Fingerprint: 93B9 C79B 2D20 51C3 800B  E09B 8048 46A6 637E E901
 Server: irc.freenode.net
 Nick: jniq
 Channels: #zypp #yast #suse #susecz