[augeas-devel] Simple pyGTK Augeas viewer

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Mon Mar 9 03:30:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 12:33 -0500, David Malcolm wrote:
> I was playing around with the python augeas bindings.
>
> Attached is a simple pygtk app that lets you browse the full Augeas
> tree, in a two column Path/Value treeview.

Nice :) Unfortunately, this segfaults for me on an F10 machine somewhere
in _ctypes.so while its callin free(). Not sure what that is - an error
in the bindings ?

> It's very simplistic: it gathers data from the full tree on startup,
> rather than trying to do it on demand, so it takes a few seconds to
> start on my laptop.

It would  be really nice to build this out more, e.g. only query as much
of the tree as needed, make values editable etc. Even just as a viewer
it would be really helpful in letting people understand more clearly
what the tree for a given file looks like.

good stuff,