[augeas-devel] Simple pyGTK Augeas viewer

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 17:11:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 22:32 -0400, David Malcolm wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 17:11 -0700, David Lutterkort wrote:

> > But even with that, it still dies 3 out of 4 times somewhere deep in the
> > guts of python - but at leasy I've seen the UI ;)

Turns out to be a threading problem. The attached patch protects all
accesses to Augeas with a lock (there must be more elegant ways to do
this)

> Attached is an updated version, with the above change, plus a right-hand
> pane which tried to show you the file corresponding to the
> currently-selected node.

Nice. It would be really nice if we could show where exactly in the file
you are with a certain subnode/tree. I am just not sure how to relay
this information without cluttering the public API too much, since it's
only needed for this one use. It would either require that I keep two or
four additional ints for each tree node (start/end of where the label
was found and start/end for the value in the file), or addition of some
API that would reparse the file and return this information about each
node.

Do you have any plans what you want to use augview for ?