[augeas-devel] Re: puppet provder not executing

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Fri Mar 27 14:12:16 UTC 2009

Bryan Kearney wrote:
> David Lutterkort wrote:
>> On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 23:02 -0400, Micah Anderson wrote:
>>> This works fine:
>>>
>>> # ls /etc/logrotate.d/sympa
>>> ls: /etc/logrotate.d/sympa: No such file or directory
>>> # augtool
>>> augtool> set /files/etc/logrotate.d/sympa/rule/file /var/log/sympa/*.log
>>> augtool> save
>>> augtool> quit
>>> # cat /etc/logrotate.d/sympa
>>> /var/log/sympa/*.log {
>>> }

David:

We dug around a bit.. Micah is building augeas for an older version of
debian. The issue is that the noop code is not returning status
correctly. Take a look at this code from my machine:

http://pastebin.com/m346cab2e

I set the save mode to noop, make a change, hit save, and augtool
returns the correct number of changes. The same sequence from Micah's
machine is here:

http://micah.riseup.net/pastes/2009-03-27T100620

It is returning nothing.

Any idea what Micah should look at for this?

-- bk