Re: [augeas-devel] Re: puppet provder not executing

Bryan Kearney wrote:
David Lutterkort wrote:
On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 23:02 -0400, Micah Anderson wrote:
This works fine:

# ls /etc/logrotate.d/sympa
ls: /etc/logrotate.d/sympa: No such file or directory
# augtool
augtool> set /files/etc/logrotate.d/sympa/rule/file /var/log/sympa/*.log
augtool> save
augtool> quit
# cat /etc/logrotate.d/sympa
/var/log/sympa/*.log {
}

David:

We dug around a bit.. Micah is building augeas for an older version of debian. The issue is that the noop code is not returning status correctly. Take a look at this code from my machine:

http://pastebin.com/m346cab2e

I set the save mode to noop, make a change, hit save, and augtool returns the correct number of changes. The same sequence from Micah's machine is here:

http://micah.riseup.net/pastes/2009-03-27T100620

It is returning nothing.

Any idea what Micah should look at for this?

-- bk