[augeas-devel] augeas on AIX

Kristof Willaert kristof.willaert at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:00:06 UTC 2009

Hi David,

[snip]

> It seems that the REALLOC_N is failing, and it looks that that's the
> case because Augeas assumes that the pathv in a glob_t is allocated in a
> specific manner. Even if this doesn't fix your issue, it needs to be
> done. Can you try the attached patch (on top of the previous two) and
> let me know if that fixes your issue ?

This worked !!

Augtool now loads the files, and some preliminary tests allow me to make changes
to them.

nim /usr/local/share/augeas/lenses.dist > augtool
FILTER: Hosts
  glob(/etc/hosts, pathc=1) = 0
  1 matches
LOAD_FILE: /etc/hosts
  success
FILTER: Aliases
  glob(/etc/aliases, pathc=1) = 0
  1 matches
LOAD_FILE: /etc/aliases
  success
FILTER: Sudoers
  glob(/etc/sudoers, pathc=1) = 0
  fnmatch(*.augnew, sudoers, pathc=1) = 1
  fnmatch(*.augsave, sudoers, pathc=1) = 1
  fnmatch(*.rpmsave, sudoers, pathc=1) = 1
  fnmatch(*.rpmnew, sudoers, pathc=1) = 1
  fnmatch(*~, sudoers, pathc=1) = 1
  1 matches
LOAD_FILE: /etc/sudoers
  success
augtool>
augtool> set /files/etc/hosts/01/ipaddr 10.0.0.1
augtool> set /files/etc/hosts/01/canonical bla.domain.com
augtool> set /files/etc/hosts/01/alias[1] bla
augtool> set /files/etc/hosts/01/alias[2] blabla
augtool> save
  success
Saved 1 file(s)
augtool>

So the only thing that doesn't work is the getopt_long stuff, but for
the moment I can
easily get around that by just using getopt instead.
Don't know if anything will be done on this ?

In any case, thanks a lot for all your help !!

And now onto the next challenge: getting puppet working on it and
integrating it with augeas :)

Kind regards,

kristof