[augeas-devel] Allow sudoers to handle escaped characters in commands

Matthew Palmer matt at anchor.net.au
Thu Sep 17 05:28:13 UTC 2009

I just came across a sudoers file in the wild that had an escaped equals in
it (well, it didn't originally, but sudoers(5) says it should, so now it
does) and sudoers.aug didn't handle that case.  After applying the attached
patch (with test case mods, what's more) it now does.  Application
appreciated.

On a related note, I'd *love* to know why I need to use \\\\ (four whole
backslashes) to get the effect of a single backslash in my regexes.
Shouldn't \\ be enough?

- Matt