[augeas-devel] augtool access to /etc/security/limits.d

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Mon Jul 26 18:34:01 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 23:24 +1000, David Timms wrote:
> Hi, I was trying to set/adjust values in the file:
> /etc/security/limits.d/99-jack.conf
> using eg:
> augtool print /files/etc/security/limits.d/99-jack.conf
>
> It seems that /files/etc/security/limits.conf is accessible, but not the
> files in the .d folder. AIUI, these allow a package to add it's own
> needed configuration setup, without having to edit the main .conf file.
>
> Is augeas supposed to be able to work with files like that ?

That's an oversight in the limits.aug lens. I just committed the
attached trivial patch to fix that.

Also, have a look at [1] - it describes how you can tell Augeas to load
specific files anywhere in the file system (this can considerably cut
down on startup time, mostly interesting when you use Augeas from a
script or through the API)

David

[1] http://augeas.net/page/Loading_specific_files