[augeas-devel] set for multiple entries?

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Thu Jun 17 13:58:58 UTC 2010

Hi Frederik,

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 22:19 +0200, Frederik Wagner wrote:
> finally I managed to include your patch. It seems to work fine. I
> exposed the setm call to augtool and included two tests through
> augtool. Find the two patches attached (to be applied on top of
> yours).

sorry for the vacation-induced delay. Your patches work great, and I
committed them with a small change to the augtool helptext (you need to
set SUB to '.' to set all the nodes matching BASE)

I also added a few tests in tests/test-api.c to check for conformance of
aug_setm with what's described in the docs; my initial patch didn't
return the number of modified nodes.

> I also exposed the call through the ruby API. This patch is also
> attached, including some tests.

Very nice. I also committed this, with the small change that augeas_setm
returns the integer from aug_setm rather than just true/false.