[augeas-devel] Augeas and contextual help

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Wed Nov 17 22:09:53 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 22:42 +0100, Raphaël Pinson wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> I would like to mention and discuss a subject I've been talking about
> with Francis quite a bit lately and I think matters. Augeas has the
> potential to improve greatly the way people deal with config files.

(snip interesting proposal)

> What is your opinion on this? Do you have other ideas or suggestions?

Not directly related to your proposal, but they gave me an idea: I
wonder if an emacs mode could be written that used augeas to traverse
and edit config files? (e.g. giving contextual help, indicating errors,
etc etc, tree-based navigation, etc)

Not that I'm volunteering to write it :)

Dave