[augeas-devel] should augeas fail on invalid nodes ?

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Thu Sep 23 20:13:26 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 16:15 +0200, Marc Fournier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Investigating #138, I noticed that when getting an invalid node, augeas
> returns no error:
>
> $ echo "get /files/foo/bar" | augtool
> /files/foo/bar (o)
> $ echo $?
> 0
>
> It does fail when setting an invalid node though.

It also fails when you try to get a nonexistant node. Have a look at [1]
where it's explained what aug_get returns. The little '(o)' is augtool's
subtle way of saying that it got bopkus back.

The problem is in ruby-augeas: the augeas_get wrapper around aug_get
just drops the return value on the floor.