[augeas-devel] lense issue with /etc/krb5.conf (unable to parse)

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 23:17:57 UTC 2011

Hi Patrick,

On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 11:14 -0500, Patrick Riehecky wrote:
> I'm trying to modify my site's krb5.conf[1] with Augeas, but am unable
> to get information out of the lense.  I'm using the krb5 lense from
> 0.9.0 with everything else from 0.7.2.  I wish I had errors to report
> but I don't.

Version 0.7.3 of Augeas contained a bug that would drop error messages;
that error is also in 0.7.2 versions of Augeas on RHEL (because of
backporting)

Ideally, you could just grab and build 0.9.0 for working on this krb5
issue.

Attached is a patch that addresses one of the issues the curent Krb5
lens has with your krb5.conf: that some values have spaces, i.e. are
lists of values. The change just gobbles everything up into one tree
node.

The lens also chokes on the realm CERN.CH, specifically on
v4_name_convert; to fix that, you'd have to make v4_name_convert in lens
libdefaults a toplevel lens in krb5.aug and also use it in the realms
lens. I'll try and look into that later this week - feel free to beat me
to it though.