[augeas-devel] Improved dhclient lens

Nathaniel Cook nvcook42 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 14:31:30 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have developed a simple lens that adds the option modifiers to the
dhclient lens. I have tested this with CentOS and it works great. I am
not sure how it will work with other distros, (my search showed that
the format might vary but haven't tested it). I have written it in
such a way that it could be directly added to the original dhclient
lns or just used separately. The files are attached but here is the
lens:

(* Extended dhclient module for Augeas
	Author: nathanielc at qualtrics.com

	This module reuses the distributed Dhclient module
	and adds the ability to use the option modifiers.

	Also adds the /etc/dhclient*.conf to the filter of valid files

*)

module Extdhclient =
	autoload xfm

(***************************************************************************
*                           OPTION MODIFING STATEMENTS
****************************************************************************)

	let stmt_opt_mod_re   = "default" | "supersede" | "append" | "prepend"

	let stmt_opt_mod    = [ key stmt_opt_mod_re
							. Dhclient.sep_spc
							. [ key Dhclient.word . Dhclient.sep_spc . Dhclient.sto_to_spc ]
							. Dhclient.sep_scl
							. Dhclient.comment_or_eol ]

	let statement =  (Dhclient.statement | stmt_opt_mod)

	let lns = (Dhclient.empty | Dhclient.comment | statement) *

	let filter = Dhclient.filter . incl "/etc/dhclient*.conf"

	let xfm = transform lns filter

Hope this is helpful.

Nathaniel Cook