[augeas-devel] gnulib update for AIX support

James Conner j.conner at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 4 17:46:35 UTC 2011

I've spent pretty much all of today getting this to compile - The
autogen.sh script seems to need a lot of dependencies which weren't
required for ./configure and most of the packages which I'd got
installed already (automake, autoconf, m4 etc) needed me to build newer
versions to get autogen.sh to run through without problems. After a long
slog, I got it to complete.

I next ran into a small problem during make - It was bombing out at...
'LEX lexer.c' - Not surprising as there is no lexer.c for it to parse.

   CC     get.lo
   CC     put.lo
   CC     info.lo
   CC     errcode.lo
   CC     jmt.lo
   LEX    lexer.c
gmake[3]: *** [lexer.c] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/home/temp/augeas.git/augeas/src'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/temp/augeas.git/augeas/src'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/temp/augeas.git/augeas'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

I worked around that one by 'touch src/lexer.c' which allowed things to
finish compiling successfully.

I'm not sure if the next problem was caused by missing lexer.c, or
something else - The compiled augtool coredumps on startup (and all the
test for the lenses fail as a result)

Any hints/ideas are most welcome.

Cheers,

Jim