[augeas-devel] limits.conf

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 17:24:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 09:23, Martinsson Patrik
<patrik.martinsson at smhi.se>wrote:

>  Hi all, ****
>
> ** **
>
> I’m using augeas to set limits in the limits.conf, and I’m trying to get
> the nice “column-based-limitsfile” working. ****
>
> ** **
>
> This is what I’m trying to accomplish, (equal amount of spaces, although my
> my mailclient may mess it up) ****
>
> foo             hard          nproc           0****
>
> foobar       hard          nproc           0****
>
> ** **
>
> This is what I’m getting, one space between the columns, ****
>
> foo hard nproc 0****
>
> foobar hard nproc 0****
>
> ** **
>
> This works, ****
>
> # augtool> set /files/etc/security/limits.conf/domain[1] "foo"****
>
> # save ****
>
> # Saved 1 file(s)****
>
> ** **
>
> # augtool> set /files/etc/security/limits.conf/domain[1] "foo   " # adding
> some spaces to make a nice “column-based” limits-file****
>
> # Saving failed****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> So basicall what Im asking is, ****
>
> **-          **Is there a way to add spaces for each “domain-attribute” in
> the limits.conf ?****

I think the default answer is gonna be no.  That being said, if you wanted
to move it to tab delimited you could get significantly closer to the
desired visual output, but this would require re-writing the lens and
tests.  I just don't know if that would be encouraged.

-greg