[augeas-devel] python-augeas in EPEL ?

Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov
Wed Sep 21 22:34:03 UTC 2011

David Lutterkort <lutter at redhat.com> wrote on 08/04/2011 04:17:49 PM:

> On Thu, 2011-07-21 at 13:25 -0500, Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov wrote:
> >
> > David Lutterkort <lutter at redhat.com> wrote on 07/21/2011 01:17:24 PM:
> > > Yes, that's the issue - it needs a maintainer; there should be very
> > > little involved with maintaining it. Mostly add bindings for new
augeas
> > > API's, and build for the various EPEL's whenever a release is made.
> > >

> > I wouldn't mind doing it if you'd mentor me on the process?
>
> I'd be more than happy to. To get started, you should probably read
> through some of the pages mentioned at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Package_Maintainers

okay.. its been read. I've join the various lists.  Already have a FAS
account.  Guess now I need to announce myself on the devel list? Also,
since this is just updating and maintaining and existing package it seems
that the process is not the same (since i don't need to request the initial
package).  The EPEL page suggests following the "Become a co-maintainer"
process, but doesn't link to a page discussing that process specifically
(there are bit here and there).

> I can also sponsor you as a packager.

kewl.