[augeas-devel] [Augeas] #275: yum.aug doesn't break 'exclude' or 'includepkg' into sequences for yum repositories

Augeas trac at fedorahosted.org
Wed Aug 1 14:47:13 UTC 2012

#275: yum.aug doesn't break 'exclude' or 'includepkg' into sequences for yum
repositories
--------------------------+--------------------
  Reporter:  jcpunk       |      Owner:  lutter
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Component:  Augeas       |    Version:  0.10.0
Resolution:               |   Keywords:
Blocked By:               |   Blocking:
--------------------------+--------------------

Comment (by jcpunk):

 Sure thing

 Say I have the following stanza:

 {{{
 [epel]
 name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 - $basearch
 #baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/$basearch
 mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=epel-6&arch=$basearch
 failovermethod=priority
 enabled=0
 gpgcheck=1
 gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6
 exclude=ocs* clamav*
 }}}

 for using epel, but not allowing use of the ocs inventory packages or the
 clamav packages.

 Currently things look like this:
 {{{
 $ augtool
 augtool> ls /files/etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo/epel
 name = Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 - $basearch
 mirrorlist =
 https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=epel-6&arch=$basearch
 failovermethod = priority
 enabled = 0
 gpgcheck = 1
 gpgkey = file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6
 exclude = ocs* clamav*
 }}}

 It would be nice if they looked like this:
 {{{
 $ augtool
 augtool> ls /files/etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo/epel
 name = Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 - $basearch
 mirrorlist =
 https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=epel-6&arch=$basearch
 failovermethod = priority
 enabled = 0
 gpgcheck = 1
 gpgkey = file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6
 exclude[1] = ocs*
 exclude[2] = clamav*
 }}}

 This will make it possible for me to modify individual elements of
 'exclude' easily.

 Ideally, I'd love to be able to remove the 'clamav*' setting without
 having to worry about the 'ocs*' value.

 Being able to run something like
 {{{
 rm /files/etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo/epel/exclude[. = 'ocs*']
 }}}
 would allow much more fine grained control.

 I'm not sure it is currently possible in augeas to remove just the
 'clamav*' line of the exclude stanza above without also removing the
 'ocs*' entry.

 includepkg simply the reverse of 'exclude' in yum.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/augeas/ticket/275#comment:2>
Augeas <http://augeas.net/>