[augeas-devel] OS variations of lenses (was: Lens compatibility (ticket #295))

Michal Filka michal.filka at suse.cz
Fri Aug 31 05:43:42 UTC 2012

> The idea of adapting the way lenses behave per OSes (or per other
> factors)
> is interesting though. I think having some kind of runtime options might
> be
> useful.

I have a related real world example. In SUSE /etc/grub.conf is completely
different from Fedora's one.

/etc/grub.conf is regular config file for Grub in Fedora.
/etc/grub.conf is set of commands for grub shell which installs Grub in
OpenSUSE

So, it would be nice to have a way how to disable parsing of grub.conf
using grub.aug when running augeas in SUSE. Currently, I have a private
patch which removes "incl /etc/grub.conf" from grub.aug when creating rpm
for SUSE. Runtime option or a sort of "preprocessing" would be nicer.

Michal Filka