Re: [augeas-devel] OS variations of lenses (was: Lens compatibility (ticket #295))

The idea of adapting the way lenses behave per OSes (or per other factors) is interesting though. I think having some kind of runtime options might be
useful.

I have a related real world example. In SUSE /etc/grub.conf is completely different from Fedora's one.

/etc/grub.conf is regular config file for Grub in Fedora.
/etc/grub.conf is set of commands for grub shell which installs Grub in OpenSUSE

So, it would be nice to have a way how to disable parsing of grub.conf using grub.aug when running augeas in SUSE. Currently, I have a private patch which removes "incl /etc/grub.conf" from grub.aug when creating rpm for SUSE. Runtime option or a sort of "preprocessing" would be nicer.

Michal Filka