[augeas-devel] Advice needed on new lenses for Cyrus IMAP

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sat Feb 11 10:53:06 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I'm in the process of creating some new lenses for Cyrus IMAP
configuration files, /etc/cyrus.conf and /etc/imapd.conf.

The latter is a relatively easy lens to write, and I've already done so
(based on Postfix_Main actually) since it's a really easy sectionless
.INI type of file format (like /etc/postfix/main.cf).

A question I have, though, is the naming for such lens; would it be
appropriate to call such lens Cyrus_Imapd_Imap (vs. Cyrus_Imapd_Main for
/etc/cyrus.conf?), or do you have any naming suggestions?

Also, I was wondering whether someone would be willing to assist me in
creating a lens for /etc/cyrus.conf, which has a little more difficult
file format? Any pointers in parsing the sections and exposing such in,
say, an augtool print /files/etc/cyrus.conf would be greatly
appreciated. Perhaps somebody knows of an example lens that uses a
similar (or the same?) parsing method?

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen