[augeas-devel] howto free the value argument of aug_set()

It was said in the doc of aug_set() that it it the caller's
responsibility to free the VALUE.

This confused me:

The VALUE is a pointer give to aug_set(). the caller should free what?
the memory pointed by VALUE or the memory allocated by aug_set()?

On the first case may be I won't to free it.
On the second case I don't now where is the memoey.

--
Best Regards,
zzs