[augeas-devel] Augeas/ruby/puppet issue

Dominic Cleal dcleal at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 22:46:51 UTC 2012

On 12/01/12 22:31, Erinn Looney-Triggs wrote:
> On 01/12/2012 01:21 PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
>> Which makes me think that if 'incl' is set "/files/$incl" would make a
>> dandy default for context (though I think Dominic had a clever way to
>> make incl/lens unnecessary)

This is already the case, if incl is set then context defaults to
"/files/$incl".

> I will look around for said clever way to make incl and lens unnecessary,

The idea was to optimise loading rather than make the two options
completely unnecessary, as you still need them when loading a file that
isn't in the default paths.  In your case, /etc/sysconfig/network is
loaded by default.

A change for issue #7285 has gone into master (Puppet 2.8.x) to only
load/parse the files implied by the context.  If you set context =>
"/files/etc/sysconfig/network", it'll only load the Shellvars lens for
that one file.

https://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/7285

--
Dominic Cleal