[augeas-devel] Collabograte project

Kartik Subbarao subbarao at computer.org
Tue Mar 13 00:45:00 UTC 2012

On 03/12/2012 07:52 PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 14:20 -0500, Kartik Subbarao wrote:
>> I'm making solid use of Augeas as a configuration tool in the open
>> source Collabograte project that I recently announced:
>>
>> http://kartiksubbarao.com/announcing-collabograte
>>
>> Slides 10 and 11 in the presentation highlight the value of using Augeas.
>
> Nice; I am glad you find Augeas useful for your project; do you use it
> directly or via puppet ?

Thanks David. In Collabograte, I'm using Augeas via puppet -- Augeas is
used wherever possible in the manifests for changes to configuration files.

I've been a big fan of Augeas overall since I saw the Red Hat Summit
presentation in 2008. I thought YES, THIS is the way that I've always
wanted to manage configuration files! The syntax can sometimes get
challenging for me, but the functionality has been worth the learning
curve :-)

With Collabograte, I'd like to see if we can contribute some lenses
(e.g. a lens for Sympa's /etc/sympa/sympa.conf file), and enhancements
to current ones. For instance, to enhance the Postfix main.cf lens to
support "array" parameters so that we can append to them instead of
overwriting them. I'd like to be able say something like:

set virtual_alias_maps/[last()+1]
regexp:/etc/postfix/something_virtual_regexp

Thanks again for all of your ongoing work on Augeas!

Regards,

	-Kartik