Re: [augeas-devel] Create or update

Are you trying to reimplement Puppet types and providers in shell? ;-)

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Graham Leggett <minfrin sharp fm> wrote:
Hi all,

What I am trying next is to get "create or update" behaviour to work. In other words, if the entry doesn't exist, create it, but if the entry does exist, update it.

Trawling google suggests that augtool can't do this (but it would be good to have formal confirmation), so I'm trying to do this by running augtool directly.

Is there a way for augtool to return a status code of some kind if the entry I expect doesn't exist? I can then test for the status, and then create or update as needed.

Regards,
Graham

Raphaël Pinson
Développeur et Formateur Infrastructure