[augeas-devel] Augeas lens for sendmail.mc / m4 macro language

Patrick Spinler spinler.patrick at mayo.edu
Thu Dec 19 21:01:26 UTC 2013

I'm working on some modifications to our older redhat system's
sendmails.  We're just starting to implement puppet / augeas as a
management tool, and these systems haven't yet been brought under a full
puppet management regime.

I'm investigating the various set of puppet modules that purport to
manage sendmail (which are either poorly documented or don't seem to fit
our setup, or both), but it occurred to me that I could make this
immediately required small change if only augeas would work with the m4
macro file sendmail.mc.

so, question is: is there an augeas lens I missed which will edit m4
macro files?  A quick look through the default lenses in my version
doesn't turn anything up.  Nor does a quick google search.

Help?

Thanks,
-- Pat