[augeas-devel] Rx.fs_path in keys (lens for apparmor)

Pat Riehecky riehecky at fnal.gov
Tue Mar 12 13:47:56 UTC 2013

I'm not too familiar with apparmor rules any more, but an alternative approach
might be to try and break things on '/'.

If this is possible without too much difficulty, it might be a more
approachable tree
  { "bin" {"bash" = "ixr}}

or from augtool 'get /files/etc/apparmor/<stuff>/bin/bash'

This seems a bit more in line with your original thoughts.  Though I'm not
sure if the end product would make much sense..... the scope might look very
odd if '<stuff>' was itself 'bash.rules' or something...

Pat

On 03/12/2013 08:22 AM, Raphaël Pinson wrote:
> Hi Smetana,
>

> The '/' character is illegal in node names, it can only be used in values.
> In this case, you might actually want to use a seq for node names, and store
> the path as a value, generating a tree like:
>
>     { "1" = "/bin/bash" { "value" = "ixr" } }
>

> Regards,
>

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Serge Smetana <serge.smetana at gmail.com
> <mailto:serge.smetana at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I'm trying to create lens for apparmor.
>     Simple entry for apparmor rule is something like
>
>        /bin/bash ixr,
>
>     But if I describe lens as
>
>       let rule = [ Util.indent . key Rx.fspath . Sep.space . store Rx.word
>      . Util.del_str "," . Util.eol ]
>
>     I get the following exception:
>
>         Failed to compile rule
>         exception: The key regexp /[^ \t\n]+/ matches a '/'
>
>     Is it possible to use filesystem path as a key?
>

>     Thanks,
>     Serge

> --
> Raphaël Pinson