[augeas-devel] grub.conf default

John Newbigin jnewbigin at swin.edu.au
Tue May 7 04:23:31 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the best place to ask because my question is
about using augeas so if there is somewhere better, a pointer would be
great.

I am using augeas (0.9.0) with puppet (on CentOS 6). I have some changes
to make to /etc/grub.conf and I was using a copy & pasted snippet:

set /files/etc/grub.conf/title[1]/kernel/vga normal

Which works OK but it relies on the default entry being the first entry,
that is
default = "0"
title[1] = "..."

That worked until I installed memtest86+. My default is now 1 (title[2]).

What I would like is to express something like this:
set /files/etc/grub.conf/title[position() = (../default + 1)]/kernel/vga
normal

(ie, only match the default entry).

That however gives a type error which I can't find a way to resolve. I
have also tried any number of ways for doing this without success.

I was hoping that someone here could suggest a solution.

Thanks,

John.

--
John Newbigin | ITS Senior Analyst / Programmer
ITS | Swinburne University of Technology | Melbourne, Australia
E: jnewbigin at swin.edu.au
W: http://www.ict.swin.edu.au/staff/jnewbigin