[augeas-devel] Failing tests while trying to compile Augeas 1.0 in Debian Wheezy

Daniel Miranda danielkza2 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 09:03:02 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to get Augeas 1.0 running on a Debian Wheezy (stable) system.
Unfortunately the official release of 1.0 is only available in the testing
distribution, and requires me to upgrade libc to testing as well, which I
do not want to do.

So I set to compiling it myself. I downloaded the Debian testing sources of
augeas-1.0.0 (which are mostly clean, just a single patch related to
case-sensitivity of the build root), and went to build it.

Unfortunately I'm getting a failed test:

> FAIL: test-load (exit: 1)
> =========================
>
> ..............F..
>
> There was 1 failure:
> 1) testPermsErrorReported:
> test-load.c:542: expected <0> but was <1>

> !!!FAILURES!!!
> Runs: 17 Passes: 16 Fails: 1

I checked the test code and it if I understood correctly it tries to parse
an unreadable hosts file. So I went to check if it was actually unreadable,
and it its:

> $ ls -l build/test-load/testPermsErrorReported/etc/
> total 4
> --w------- 1 root root 309 Nov  2  2012 hosts

I don't really know what information about my system could be relevant, but
here are some:

> libc6:amd64 2.13-38
> libreadline-dev 6.2+dfsg-0.1
> augeas 1.0.0-1.1 from debian testing (jessie)

I don't really know if the failed test is really meaningful, or what I need
to do to debug/fix it. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel Miranda