[augeas-devel] rkhunter.conf

Raphaël Pinson raphael.pinson at camptocamp.com
Fri Apr 4 09:47:34 UTC 2014

Hello Kent,

You don't need to modify the lens in order to test it againt your file. You
can just tell Augeas to use this lens for this file. In Augeas >= 1.0.0,
you can use:

    augtool --transform "Shellvars.lns incl /etc/rkhunter.conf"

If your file is present in this location, you should see one of these two:

* Parsed content in /files/etc/rkhunter.conf
* Errors in /augeas/files/etc/rkhunter.conf/error

The only case that I can think of where you wouldn't see any of these
(besides the file being absent/empty) is if you're using Augeas 0.7.X,
which had a bug in parse error reporting.

Cheers,

Raphaël Pinson

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 11:33 PM, Kent Brede <kbrede at unomaha.edu> wrote:

> I'm just getting started with Augeas.  Decided I'd like to use it for
> /etc/rkhunter.conf.  It looks to me like shellvars.aug should work for the
> file.  I tried a quick test to see if it would work by adding ". incl
> "/etc/rkhunter.conf"" under "filter_misc" to shellvars.aug.  I realize this
> isn't probably the approved way of going about this.
>
> What I don't understand is, why doesn't "augtool print
> /files/etc/rkhunter.conf" report anything back?  I see nothing in
> /augeas//error.
>
> --
> Kent Brede
> UNO Linux System Administrator