[augeas-devel] different behaviour of augtool interactively or when called by shell

Jochen Haeberle jochen.haeberle at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 19:52:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am rather new to augeas and already have a problem I cannot solve on my
own or using googe.

Trying to fiddle with an existing entry in /etc/hosts, I found a way to
change the canonical name interactively:

augtool -b
set /files/etc/hosts/*[ipaddr = '192.168.0.5']/canonical 'host.test.com
<http://host.test.com/>'
save

But this does not work:

augtool -bs set /files/etc/hosts/*[ipaddr = '192.168.0.5']/canonical 'h
ost.test.com <http://host.test.com/>'

Why's that?

Any help much appreciated - thanks in advance

Regards

Jochen