[augeas-devel] New Augeas release soon?

Francis Giraldeau francis.giraldeau at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 18:11:21 UTC 2014

> On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 10:36:02AM -0700, David Lutterkort wrote:
> > > Libguestfs is currently carrying around two lenses (upstream in
> > > Augeas, but not released), and this causes conflicts if either of
> > > those lenses is added to a downstream package (as has been done in
> > > RHEL 7.1).  And by "conflicts" I mean it breaks major features of
> > > tools like virt-sysprep & virt-customize & more.
> > >

> > Is there something that Augeas could do to help at least spot such
> issues sooner ?

I think a kind of smoke test with default files in the distribution could
be automated.

* Output all files matched by lenses transforms and their respective
packages in a given distribution
* Install the packages
* Run augtool and check for errors

It would highlight any errors a user would get at least with default config
files. Would it be a good idea for the next GSoC?

Cheers,

Francis