Re: [augeas-devel] escaping special characters in the path sent to aug_get()

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 8:08 AM, Laine Stump <laine laine org> wrote:
On 01/20/2015 08:56 PM, David Lutterkort wrote:

> To make up for the extremely slow response, I opened a pull request
> that hopefully addresses all this:
> https://github.com/hercules-team/augeas/pull/198
>
> I'd highly appreciate review(s) of these patches as they root around
> in some Augeas internals that shouldn't be disturbed ;)

During a review of netcf patches, Eric Blake has pointed out that the
list of characters to escape should probably include the escape
character itself ( \ ). Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct since we want parse_name to be the inverse of pathx_escape_nameĀ  in pathx.c

After some surprising difficulty, I just pushed commit f7c2174e that addresses that.

David