Re: [augeas-devel] Making a release

Hi David,

Great to know that a release is on the way!

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 1:45 AM David Lutterkort <lutter watzmann net> wrote:
One thing that I didn't notice until now was that the Json lens has seen quite a bit of change and now accepts comments - while that's definitely a much nicer format than 'standard' Json, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to do that with a different lens, say 'JsonWithComments' and leave the existing Json lens as it was.

I think that depends if one cares about validating the format using the lens or not. Supporting comments only harms if you're using the lens to make sure the file is standard Json, but I'm not sure sure Augeas is the best tool for this anyway.

On another subject, I'd have loved to get the Lua features in Augeas 1.5, but I'm not sure in what form this would happen anymore…

Raphaël